Ruby is one of the most prized precious gemstones. As the birthstone for July, the Ruby Gem is more costly than diamonds of the same size! Learn more information about Rubies at Michael C. Fina.
- Rubies are the birthstone for July
- The red color in ruby gems is caused mainly by the presence of the element chromium
- The only difference between a ruby and a sapphire is only a ruby can be red
- The most important sources in the world for ruby gems include Myanmar (Burma), Thailand, Sri Lanka and Tanzania
- Since the ruby is tough and durable, they do not require any special care. Just remember to remove your jewelry and gemstones before engaging in any harsh physical activities!
Ruby Gemstone Information
After learning about rubies, check out Michael C. Fina’s guide on How to Clean Sapphires & Rubies to learn how to keep your ruby jewelry looking sparkly and new!